The Firework Maker’s Daughter – Lila and Rambashi’s diary

Posted by on March 1, 2019

Ash class have been  reading The Firework Maker’s Daughter in both English and Shared Reading lessons starting this week. Here are some fantastic diary entries they have written.

Dear Diary,

Yesterday I was just on the boat with the idiots that I have to sail with. A person came along and started fishing. We were disguised as a river taxi service. We came over to him and asked him if he wanted to go to get across. He said yes to get away from the crocodiles. We took him across half way we told him we were pirates – money or death!

Suddenly a girl turned up on the river bank we were going to, we talked about how we were going to get him over board with out her knowing. We then decided to accidentally pushed him over board of the Bloody Murderer. So we did as fake as we could Then the girl shouted to pull him back to we did, just so she thought we didn’t do it on purpose.

We soon came over to her and asked her if she wanted to come to the other side and she agreed too. Next we too her over but she looked scared.

Harrison

Dear Diary

Today has been a terrible day because I got into an argument with my father. I wanted to make fireworks and my father wouldn’t tell me the secret ingredient. My dad made me make childish fireworks.

I sent Chulak to ask my Dad what the secret ingredient was and I was furious when my dad told Chulak the secret ingredient. So I headed off to get it for my self and I took some food, money and some fireworks. I came to a huge river and there was a river taxi. The fishermen fell in the water, they looked silly.

I got on the boat and I noticed they were pirates and they threatened me with knives because they wanted my money.

Jakson

Dear Diary

Today has been an amazing day. Me and my father were making fireworks but he did not tell me the special ingredients so I was very angry with my Father. He told Chulak but not me. So I got Chulak to ask my father what the special ingredient was. An hour later Chulak came back and told me the ingredient. Then I went to Mount Merapi. On my way I saw some people on a boat but they were actually pirates.

They told me to hop on the boat. One of the pirates fell off in to the water. It was hilarious. They said give me your money or we will push you off. I felt scared.

Chloe E